EPI clutch kit question

Mndefender

• Member ID:  1,166
  • Content Count:  13

Installed a EPI Mudder clutch kit on my HD8 xt cab with 30” tires. Used the green spring as recommended in the instructions. I have to say I don’t notice much of an improvement. Acceleration not any faster, top speed the same but less power at upper speeds. There seems to be a little more torque on initial take off, but it’s so indiscernible I’m not even sure that’s really improved either. Anybody have any thoughts?

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  164

are the rpms higher at any given speed?  say 40 mph, stock vs clutch kit.  i had a clutch kit in mine and really had the same thing, even with my hd10.  these are just big machines to try to move, its not going to make a huge difference.  i took mine out, the increased rpms while cruising made the cab even louder for running on the roads.

does it come with a helix as well?  if the green spring is indexable on holes, it may need to be adjusted to a tighter hole for more engagement.  not sure how that kit works, as i have an aftermarket assassins kit for mine.

steve

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  699

I have one on my HD10 XT Cab and it works fine, I would call EPI and see what they suggest.😉